Changing Our Perspective On Mental Illness
Maggie is a mental health consumer expert, advocate and public speaker. She hopes by sharing her story of recovery she can help reduce the stigma surrounding mental illness.
She speaks about a variety of mental health topics drawing from her own experiences.
- Mental Illness – It’s Not What You Think
- Acceptance and Recovery is Possible
- Creating a Mentally Healthy Work Force
- Mental Illness Recovery For Real Life
- (For Health Providers) Helping Your Patients Make the Most of Your Therapy
- Bipolar Disorder
In the Community
Maggie is a member of the STOP STIGMA SACRAMENTO Speakers Bureau. With Stop Stigma, she speaks at local organizations about her own mental health journey.
Organizations Maggie has spoken to with Stop Stigma:
- Sacramento Law Enforcement
- Elk Grove Unified School District (staff training)